Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Power of Vulnerability

By John Esterle

Recently, someone sent me the link to this TED talk by Brene Brown. Then, just a couple of days later, someone played it to end a meeting I was in. Hmmmm. Curious to see how things start to get passed around and manifest in the world. So, I thought I'd do my small part to contribute by highlighting her talk here.

Brown is a wonderful speaker -- or as she describes herself -- a wonderful "storyteller/researcher." Hearing her speak about connection and vulnerability, about courage and compassion and the importance of embracing uncertainty and living wholeheartedly, I kept thinking of how interrelated her themes were with dialogue and the work of our grantees.

Anyway, it's a really lovely talk and I'd be curious to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment